UK Life Insurance Services
For Competitively Priced Life Insurance
Talk to UK Life Insurance Services

About UK Life Insurance Services

Hi my name is John Wilson, I am a General Insurance and Pure Protection Advisor at UK Life Insurance Services which is directly authorised by the FCA our FCA Number is 686191.

My speciality is the administration side of the business and Carl Gladman joined me as a Sales Manager on 10/06/2014. Between us we have over 45 years' experience in the insurance industry.

Our aim is to provide competitive rates for our clients. We will not charge fees for our services as we will be paid commission paid by the provider.

Our Main business is Life Insurance and we have some of the most competitive rates in the UK. We are also happy to look at any other form of insurance to see if we can save you money.

How Do I Get A Quotation?

Complete any of the relevant quotation forms below to the best of your ability and one of our experienced members of staff will call you back within the specified hours, if possible. Our staff will then then provide you with a quotation.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Alternatively, you can call via either of the numbers listed in the Contact section to speak to a member of our staff in detail.


Life Insurance

Types of UK Life Insurance & Protection Policies

Brief explanations of the different types of UK life insurance and protection plans are given below.

Term Assurance

Term assurance provides cover for a fixed term with the sum assured payable only on death. There are no investment benefits or payments on survival.

Whole of life Assurance

As the name implies, whole of life assurance policies give you protection for life. Unlike term assurance that only pays out if you die during the term of the policy, a whole of life assurance policy always pays out eventually.

Income Protection Insurance

Income protection policies provide an income that starts after a deferred period of your choice if you are unable to work through sickness or injury. These types of policy usually have a fixed term to retirement age 60 or 65.

Accident and Sickness Insurance

These plans are general insurance products offered on an annual basis. This means an insurer has the right to refuse to renew or can increase premiums in the event of a change of circumstances or adverse claims experience.

Private Medical Insurance

Private medical insurance policies pay for the cost of medical treatment both as an in patient and out patient if you want private medical care. The cover may include: consultants’ fees; surgeons’ and anaesthetists’ fees, nursing, private ambulance and room charges.

Long Term Care Insurance

Long term care insurance policies provide for the cost of needing care in a nursing home or at home. In recent times there has been a growing need for long term care cover because of the Government’s problems in funding the cost of care for the elderly.

Critical Illness Insurance

A Critical illness policy will cover you in the event of a pre-determined illness or disease. Critical illness policies may not cover all definitions of a critical illness. For definitions please refer to the Key Features and Policy Documents.

Redundancy Insurance

A Redundancy insurance policy provides an income in the event of redundancy.

Over 50's Life Insurance

For people over 50 that are unable to obtain standard cover due to Medical or other reasons to cover funeral expenses or a small amount of family protection cover.

Life Cover and protection: Apart from Whole of Life policies, the other plans above will have no cash in value at any time, and will cease at the end of the term. If premiums are not maintained, then cover will lapse.

UK Life Insurance Services are not authorised to advise on Whole of Life Policies

Income Protection Insurance

Like the name implies, income protection insurance will provide you with a percentage of your usual income if you become disabled for a long period of time and are unable to work due to injury or illness. Our policies aim to provide you with an income to help you get back on your feet, because as we all know your monthly bills won't stop just because you can't work.

Income Protection usually will pay out until retirement, death or your return to work, however there are now options available for shorter term policies at a lower cost.

What Percentage Of My Income Will I Receive?

Most Insurers will offer roughly between 50% and 70% of your usual income with the payments being tax-free. They will however, only pay out after a pre-agreed period of time has passed, ranging from around 1 - 12 months after your claim is processed.

Is This The Same As PPI?

No. Payment Protection Insurance or PPI only covers a specific debt with any payments made going directly to the lender as opposed to yourself. Income Protection makes a tax-free percentage of your income should you be unable to work due to illness or injury.

Why Would I Need Income Protection?

A soberingly low percentage of employers will support their staff for over a year if they're off sick from work for an extended period, leaving around 88% abandoning staff when they need support the most. Losing a percentage of your income unexpectedly would already be a stressful enough scenario without finding out that you won't be getting any money while you're trying to recover.

Income Protection Plans will have no cash in value at any time. If premiums are not maintained, then cover will lapse.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Household Insurance

Household Insurance is an insurance policy that protects you against loss or damage to the property caused by fire, some natural cause's and acts of vandalism.

Am I Able To Get A Quotation For Just My Contents?

Most Insurers offer policies that insure only the content of your home, most often on a new for old basis. The cover can often be extended for accidental damage as well.

Are Policies Covering Both Buildings and Contents Cheaper?

Most Insurers will offer the building and content cover under a singular policy, offering a discount to you for this. This is a recommended method of insuring your home, as in the event of an incident the settlement of the claim is a much easier process if a single insurer is dealing with both the buildings and contents insurance.

Can I Cover Items Away From Home?

Insurers will allow you to cover items away from the home e.g. cameras, bikes and small items of jewellery however, this cover will be limited and is not suitable for high value items.

I Have High Value Personal Possessions To Insure

The majority of policies will cover you to a specific limit for each item, varying from £1000 to £2500. Should you require cover for items that surpass this threshold, insures will require you to specify the item and in some cases will require an up to date valuation of the item to provide cover.

My House Is Not Of Standard Construction, Can I Still Get Cover?

We have a large panel of insurers that offer home insurance quotations and some specialize in buildings that are not of standard construction, this can be either a flat roof or timber construction. We are also able to quote for listed buildings.

Can I Get A Quotation For An Empty Home I Own?

Most insurers will not cover a property that is empty for more than 30 days; however we have insurance companies that will offer a quotation for unoccupied properties that are either being sold or under long term renovation.

Will The Policy Include Property Owner's Liability?

Most policies will include cover for any legal liability you or a member of your family may incur by causing death, bodily injury, illness or disease and loss of or damage to property which is caused as a result of you being a property owner.

Will The Policy Cover Me For Legal Expenses?

This section is not normally included as standard on a home policy but can be added at small additional cost. This will cover you in the event of employment disputes, contract disputes and bodily injury. This cover is normally limited to £25,000 but higher limits are available.

Household Insurance Policies will have no cash in value at any time. If premiums are not maintained, then cover will lapse.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Liability Insurance

Liability Insurance is any type of insurance policy that protects an individual or business from the risk that they may be sued and held legally liable for something such as malpractice.

What Amount Of Cover Can I Get?

Most insurance companies will offer three levels of cover:




Some insurers will also offer £10,000,000 worth of public liability insurance cover, this higher amount only normally being required if you are doing work for the local government or large companies who sometimes insist on the higher level of cover.

Can I Also Cover My Employees?

If you employ a member of staff you would need employer's liability cover. Employer's liability cover is a legal requirement under the employers liability (compulsory insurance) Act of 1969. The act states that you must have a minimum of £500,000 of cover however, the majority of insurers will cover you for £10,000,000 in the event of accidental injury sustained by any employee of the insured for which the insured is legally liable.

Can I Cover Bona fide Subcontractors Doing Work For Me?

Insurers will allow you to cover yourself for bona fide subcontractors that do work for you, however insurers will normally require that the subcontractor doing work for you holds their own public liability insurance.

Can I Cover Myself For Plant Or Hire Equipment?

Some public liability insurance policies will allow you to include cover for plant and or equipment that you may hire in for the purpose of your work. The amount of cover that is available will vary dependant on the insurer.

Can I Cover My Tools Under My Public Liability Insurance?

Insurers will normally allow you to insurer a small amount of cover for tools. This section of the policy is quite limited and will normally exclude cover from an unattended vehicle. Cover can be extended to include this at an extra premium and normally an increased excess.

Liability Insurance Policies will have no cash in value at any time. If premiums are not maintained, then cover will lapse.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Motor Insurance

Motor insurance is insurance purchased for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise there from. Motor insurance is a legal requirement for anyone intending to use or keep a car on the public highway under the road traffic act of 1991.

Car Insurance Types

We offer 2 types of cover for car insurance and these consist of:

Third Party Fire and Theft

This covers you for third party bodily injury and damage to third party property plus fire and theft cover.


This insurance covers both of the above plus accidental damage to your car.

Most companies comprehensive car insurance policies will include some form of personal accident cover, the level of cover varying dependent on the insurer. There are, as always, exclusions to this section of the policy, so if you are unsure of the cover on your car insurance, please do not hesitate to ask one of our advisors.

Car Insurance Policy Excesses

All third party fire and theft policies and comprehensive policies will have a compulsory excess outlined by the insurer. With most comprehensive car insurances, however this can be increased by taking a voluntary excess. This will reduce the premium itself but increase the amount that you will pay towards a claim. Most comprehensive policies will include windscreen cover however the excesses vary on this section, please ask for details of the windscreen excess on your car insurance.

Will my car insurance cover me in Europe?

The majority of insurers will include the minimum legal cover required for European countries without cost, although we do have a range of policies that provide the same coverage in Europe as you have within the UK. If you are unsure of the cover you have any of our advisors will be able to help.

Am I Able To Drive Other Vehicles Under My Insurance?

If you are over the age of 25, most insurers will allow you Third Party cover whilst driving a vehicle not belonging to yourself. The vehicle in question usually requires to have some form of insurance already however.

Can I Reduce My Costs With Additional Security?

Most new cars come with security fitted as standard. High value vehicles may be required to add additional security by some insurers. Some insurers may give a reduced premium if approved additional security is fitted to the vehicle: most approved devices are listed the Thatcham website.

Will I Have Cover For My Personal Effects Under My Car Insurance?

Most insurers will give a very limited amount of cover for any personal effects that you have in the car, if they are lost or damaged because of an accident, fire theft or attempted theft. Cover and limits vary per insurer so please ask an advisor for more information.

Motor Insurance Policies will have no cash in value at any time. If premiums are not maintained, then cover will lapse.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Pet Insurance

Pet insurance pays, partly or in total, for veterinary treatment of the insured person's ill or injured pet. Some policies will pay out when the pet dies, or if it is lost or stolen.

A pet insurance policy will cover medical expenses if your pet becomes ill or is injured in an accident. However, it won't cover routine visits to the vet or events that you could have anticipated, such as routine vaccinations or neutering.

Pet insurance policies fall into two main categories, lifetime cover policies and non-lifetime cover policies:

Pet Insurance: Lifetime Cover

These types of policy offer the most comprehensive levels of cover, paying our for ongoing illnesses for the lifetime of the pet, but tend to become quite expensive as the level of vet fee cover increases.

Per condition per year lifetime cover provides a maximum cover limit per condition, which resets per year. You can claim for more than one condition per year.

Annual lifetime cover provides a maximum overall cover limit that resets each year. Both annual and per condition per year policies will cover ongoing illnesses year on year, so long as you keep paying the premiums.

'Per condition per year' policies may offer superior cover at a similar price to annual policies so run quotes from a variety of different providers.

Per Condition Non-lifetime Cover:

This cover pays a limited amount per condition with no time limit, but once the amount has been used up the condition is then excluded from any future payouts. If lifetime policies are too expensive, these are the next best option.

Time-limit per condition non-lifetime cover: This will have both a per condition limit and time limit of typically a 12 months before the condition is excluded. These policies tend to be the cheapest, but offer the lowest level of cover.

Cheap pet insurance: accident only and time limit policies

These policies cover your pet for only accidents and exclude cover for illnesses from the policy entirely. Although these policies maybe cheap in comparison to standard pet insurance policies they may turn out to be a false economy. A recent survey of Which? members about their claims history over a two year period showed that 70% of claims were for illnesses.

If you are on a budget and considering an accident only policy, its worth comparing some quotes from cheaper standard policies in our cat and dog insurance reviews on the off chance you get a good deal for your pet that covers illness..

Time-limit Per Condition Pet Insurance Policies

Having some form of pet insurance in place even if it offers a low level of cover, such as a non-lifetime; time-limit per condition policy, may still take some of the impact out of an unexpected and expensive vet bill.

Before choosing one of these policies, make sure you've run quotes with alternative types of cat and dog insurance policies with no time-limit to make sure you aren't missing out on a better deal. As our reviews show, cost does not always correspond to the cover level. Additionally, other risk factors such as where you live in the UK, in a urban area or country can make a difference to what you are quoted.

Its important to note that no pet insurance policy on the market will cover pre-existing conditions. This means if you have made a claim for your cat or dog on a policy, and decide to switch provider further down the line the new provider will exclude that condition from the policy. For information see pet insurance pitfalls and check-list.

Please list any medical conditions your pet has.

Please list any previous claims you have made in regards to your pets health.

Pet Insurance Policies will have no cash in value at any time. If premiums are not maintained, then cover will lapse.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.


If you're interested in contacting us for any other reason than a quote, please use the form below or any of the other contact methods noted below (email or phone).

How to Find Us

Chartwell House

183 Lynchford Road



GU14 6HD

Enter your email address so we can reply to your query.

Please note that your details are held on a secure server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.